This time James and Per discuss usability rules and recommendations. Jakob Nielsen earlier this year updated his web design recommendation, saying that you should now design for around 1440 pixels wide. With this as a starting point we cover browser viewports, research, recommendations, responsive web design and mobile web sites. Phew, all that and a little more in 29 minutes!
(Listening time 29 minutes)
- Computer screens are getting bigger
- Screens are getting bigger, but not the browser viewport
- The Right column is a black hole for content (Swedish)
- WordPress plugin: Measuring viewport size
- How Moving the Call-to-Action below the Fold Generated a 304% Lift in Conversions
- Whitney Hess’s “one column” site