We talk to Amber Case, cyborg anthropologist and UX designer. We chat about the ideas expressed in Amber’s popular TED talk “We are all cyborgs now” before turning our attention to the notion of calm technology.
More and more things are demanding more and more of our attention. Everything beeps, flashes, vibrates or notifies. With the onslaught of the internet of things, this is at great risk of getting worse quickly.
As designers, we now need to learn how tackle the challenge of ubiquitous computers and devices competing for human attention
(Listening time 41 minutes, transcript)
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) March 18, 2016
- 2016 Listener survey – Please take 2 minutes to complete!
- We are all cyborgs now – TED Talk
- Cyborg anthropology
- Mark Weiser – Cheif scientist at Xerox
- Calm Technology – Principles and Patterns for Non-Intrusive Design – Amber’s book
- Case Organic – Amber’s website