Episode 252 is a linkshow. Per and James discuss two articles that have grabbed their attention – We discuss a number of serious issues that the design industry faces plus we take a look at “Stories” and their abundance.
Many people and families share login details and profiles for various digital services. Why are so many of these services failing from a UX perspective in such common user scenarios? Netflix, Spotify, Facebook, even the iPad itself all suffer from these problems.
In Episode 35 James and Per dive into the topic, discuss some examples and try to come up with some answers.(Listening time: 32 minutes)
- Netflix (on Wikipedia)
- Spotify to introduce family subscriptions
- Personal accounts are personal
- Netflixs shows off user profiles
- Share your password and go to jail
- Magine (steaming TV service)
- Digital life at 40 (James’s nostalgic blog post)
- Min första dator (Per’s nostalgic blog post, in Swedish)