A linkshow. James and Per discuss three articles that have grabbed their attention.
The first article is The Business of User Experience by Jonathan Beckman, founder of Apptourage. Jonathan explains why UX is good business. James goes off into economic theory.
The second featured article is Design Thinking comes of age by Jon Kolko, founder of the Austin Center for Design. Jon describes how the principles of design are becoming more integrated into the enterprise.
Our third article is Why Behavioral Economics is Cool, and I’m Not by Adam Grant, professor at the Wharton School of Business. Jon looks at why behavioral economics appears to be more cool than psychology.
(Listening time 38 minutes)
Episode 115: The Utility of #UX. A linkshow featuring articles by @jonobeckman @jkolko & @AdamMGrant https://t.co/4gONih8yfo
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) December 11, 2015
- Article 1: The Business of User Experience
- by Jonathan Beckman
- More about the theory of utility and marginal utility
- Article 2: Design Thinking comes of age
- by Jon Kolko
- Sketchnotes from Jon’s workshop at UXLx 2013, Design synthesis
- Episode 92 with Lisa Welchman, managing chaos.
- Article 3: Why Behavioral economics is cool, and I’m not.
- by Adam Grant
- Featured image borrowed from Wikipedia (CC BY-SA 3.0).