Episode 141 is a link show. James and Per discuss three articles that have grabbed their attention. Design standards, form validation, and prototyping with chatbots.
The first article has the title Is web design dead in 2016? Marcus Bransbury suggests that web design is shifting focus from aesthetics to user experience. The death of web design, or perhaps it’s the birth of design standards?
Article two is Usability Testing of Inline Form Validation: 40% Don’t Have It, 20% Get It Wrong. Based bench-marking of 50 e-commerce sites, Christian Holst writes that in-line validation has seen rapid adoption during the past 4 years, but many sites are implementing it badly.
Our third article is Chatbots: Your Ultimate Prototyping Tool by David Boardman and Sera Koo. They walk us through three case studies using SMS and conversations (through fake chatbots) as a prototyping and research tool.
(Listening time: 31 minutes)
Episode #141: The death of web design https://t.co/e9m1KMBIuv feauturing articles by @_bransbury @KiehnHolst @dboardman @serakoo #ux
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) October 14, 2016
- Article 1: Is web design dead in 2016?
- Article 2: Usability Testing of Inline Form Validation: 40% Don’t Have It, 20% Get It Wrong
- Article 3: Chatbots: Your Ultimate Prototyping Tool
- by David Boardman and Sera Koo
- Featured image by David Stillman cropped to 1:1 (CC BY-NC 2.0)