We need to ask the big hard questions at the beginning of the process so we can make good design decisions later. We talk to Dan Brown about the discovery phase or perhaps as Dan suggests the discovery mindset.
Not too fast and not too slow. “The more we work on hard design problems, the more we need to take the time to work on those problems” says Dan. We need to be assertive and say what we need in order to do the work we need to do.
What should the output of a discovery phase? When have we thought and discovered enough? What do we deliver?
(Listening time: 31 minutes)
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) October 27, 2017
- Dan’s Medium page
- Dan’s page on Eightshapes
- Practical Design Discovery – A Book Apart
- Design sprints – Google ventures
- What is the double diamond?
- Dan will be at UXLx 2018 in Lisbon
- Cover art by Peter Vermaercke