On May 25, 2018, GDPR comes into effect throughout the EU. Heather Burns joins us to help us understand the implications.
The General Data Protection Regulation aims to return control back to people in Europe. It raises a lot of questions about how we work, how we design and requires a privacy first approach. Despite it being a European piece of regulation, it has ramifications for organisations globally.
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) February 2, 2018
(Listening time: 39 minutes)
- Episode 82: Consumer rights directive with Heather Burns
- All UX Podcast episodes featuring Heather
- General guide to the General Data Protection Regulation (UK Information Commissioners Office)
- Heather’s page on GDPR
- How To Protect Your Users With The Privacy By Design Framework
- An evolving collection of design patterns for sharing data