Scott Berkun joins us to talk about how design makes the world. Everything in your life has been designed by someone, and this insight is a powerful way to understand the world, and everything that happens in it.
In his book, Scott tries give designers better stories, better language, better metaphors, to explain what we do – and explain why it’s important. and why we’re worthy of trust.
In this episode Scott also shares with us four simple questions that can help put projects and situations back on track and help us deliver good design.
We talk about the passion that designers have, but how they rarely have the power to act on it as the power lies elsewhere. We discuss “design theatre” and what makes good vs bad design.
(Listening time: 35 minutes, transcript)
Episode 261: Design makes the world with @berkun https://t.co/cFxx6ZKwQY #ux #uxpodcast #design pic.twitter.com/PugaNtXo71
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) April 23, 2021
- Full transcript for episode 261
- Scott’s website
- How design makes the world (book website)
- Douglas Martin good design bad design quote
- UX Theatre: Are You Just Acting Like You’re Doing User-Centered Design? by Tanya Snook
- UX Theatre (poster)
- Send us your thoughts at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Backstage mailing list: Sign up here
- Enjoy the episode? Support UX Podcast