Lifts and elevators are things that we love to talk about in UX circles. Every elevator panel is capable of being the starting point for a user experience conversation. In this classic UX Podcast interview, we talk to Reetta Ranne and Jussi Hiltunen who, at the time of recording, were senior UX design specialists at KONE in Finland.
In this episode we learn more about the design process for elevators and the broader topic of people flow in urban environments. We talk about the timelines and lifecycles of the solutions, and the cultural challenges of bringing elevators from ideas to buildings.
(Listening time: 38 minutes, transcript)
- Full transcript for Episode 291
- Original show notes for Episode 188
- Reetta Ranne, now working with Finnish VR and XR developer Varjo
- Jussi Hiltunen, now working at Maas Global with their Whim app
- People flow experience in offices (by Reetta Ranne)
- Urban insights – collection of articles about the future people flow by KONE
- The 1,000 Floor Elevator: Why Most Designers Fail Google’s Infamous Interview Design Challenge
- Journey number 6 with Alastair Somerville
- Backstage mailing list (show notes to your inbox, plus extra stories, news and offers): Sign up here
- Enjoying UX Podcast? Contribute with your time as a volunteer, or with real cash to help keep the podcast running: Support UX Podcast