Don Norman is without a doubt one of the most influential voices within the UX and design industry and also the cognitive sciences. Don produced some of the earliest literature about human-centered design within the digital space – he also coined the term “user experience” whilst at Apple.
In part 1 of our conversation with Don, we talk about virtual and augmented reality, design thinking, radical innovations and “user experience”.
Part 2 of this interview is available here.
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) April 15, 2016
(Listening time: 28 minutes, transcript)
- Per’s Christmas eve tweet
- Don Norman – Designing for People
- Nielsen Norman Group
- The Design of Everyday Things
- Former Apple designers say the company has lost ‘the fundamental principles of good design’
- Featured image by UXLx cropped to 1:1 (CC BY-NC 2.0)