Through his own tragic experience after the death of his young daughter Rebecca to cancer, Eric Meyer explains to us how the ideal outcome we design for isn’t the only outcome. We need to use our design skills to humanise the web.
We ask how we can engage our compassion, create inclusive designs and make others aware of the consequences of being too focused on the ideal scenario.
(Listening time: 36 minutes, transcript)
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) August 4, 2017
- Full transcript of Episode 164 on Medium
- Engaging with compassion – Eric’s From Business to Buttons slidedeck
- Video of Eric’s talk at From Business To Buttons 2017
- Inadvertent algorithmic cruelty – Eric’s original article from Christmas Eve 2014
- Well that escalated quickly – Eric’s follow-up article after the story went mainstream
- Inclusive design at Microsoft
- Design for Real Life – ALA book by Eric and Sara Wachter-Boettcher
- Design for Humanity – Online video course by Eric
- Covert art image by Zeldman (CC BY-ND 2.0). Cropped to 1:1