Eric Meyer joined us straight off stage at From Business To Buttons. Through his own tragic exprience after the death of his young daughter Rebecca to cancer, Eric explains to us how the ideal outcome we design for isn’t the only outcome. We need to use our design skills to humanise the web.
How are designers tackling the idea of ethics? In the first part of our interview, Alan uses politics and democracy as a vehicle for highlighting the importance of ethics in our work as digital practitioners and the massive impact our work has on the world.
We are the creators of the channels of misinformation and we can do something about it.
In our listener survey we ask the question: What is the biggest occupational challenge facing you right now? Over the past few surveys we’ve gather quite a number of responses to that question. In this episode we take a look at some of the challenges you say that you face, and even try to give some advice about how to meet those challenges.
(Listening time: 39 minutes)
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) May 13, 2016
- European UX impact survey
- MVP episode – #89 James & Per want a car not a skateboard
- Tom Greever episode – #119 Articulating design decisions with Tom Greever
- Whitney Hess episode – #110 UX Coaching with Whitney Hess
- Word cloud based on the responses to the question
- The Moth Radio hour – Explanation of the cryptic opening sentences between Per and James
- UX Podcast listener survey (if you missed filling it in earlier this year!) – takes just a couple of minutes to compelte
We talk to Tom Greever about Articulating Design Decisions. How do we talk about our designs effectively with stakeholders? Every designer has to explain (and justify) their design decisions to non-designers but what are the skills tactics and methods that are needed to pull this off in a way that opens the door for your project to create or improve the user experience? Read More