What frustrates people when using mobile sites? Lina Hansson is a conversion specialist at Google. Recently Google has tested almost 500 websites in retail, travel and finance verticals across Europe, the Middle East and Africa on mobile. Lina talk to us about what they discovered and what we can do make mobile sites less frustrating and more successful.
We talk about how much impact the speed at which your site loads on mobile has on the visitor, site-search, checkout processes, and where “the fold” is on mobiles. Lina also presents some checklists, based on the report’s findings, for you to work with.
(Listening time: 39 minutes)
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) March 16, 2018
- Which brands have the most user-friendly mobile sites in the Nordics and Benelux? Think With Google
- Cambodia, in ASIA
- Google’s 2018 industry benchmarks for mobile page speed
- Webpagetest – test with a 2 second as target in 4G markets, 5 seconds with fast 3G.
- Episode 95: Responsive web design with Ethan Marcotte
- When friction is a good thing by Per Axbom
- UX Basics: Travel checklist (PNG 448KB), retail checklist (PNG 432KB), finance checklist (PNG 427KB)
- All three checklists: The Google Mobile Site Benchmark Study checklists (PDF 105KB)