The build trap is something many organisations fall into. Building features for the sake of building them. Melissa Perri, author of Escaping the build trap joins us to talk about what organisations and product managers can do to avoid it.
Do you know why you design and build the things you do? Often we are designing and building things, not because they deliver value to our users and customers, but because we’ve been told to or because we “own” a feature.
How do we avoid the build trap and delivering genuine value to the user and the business?
(Listening time: 37 minutes, transcript)
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) March 15, 2019
- Full transcript of Episode 206
- Melissi Perri’s website
- The Build Trap – Melissa’s book
- Melissa’s company Produx Labs and school Product Institute
- Value stream on wikipedia
- Episode 138: Education and leadership with Melissa Perri and Evgenia Grinblo
- Episode 120: Product management and UX with Melissa
- Send us your thoughts at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Backstage mailing list: Sign up here