Tim Kariotis talks to us about privacy. What is privacy? How do we go about embedding privacy into design and understanding the privacy and social norms around information?
How do we make sure that we treat user’s data in a way that doesn’t make them uncomfortable? We talk about “that icky feeling” you get when it feels like someone has breached your privacy and ponder how you can check in with users and work out if they have that uncomfortable feeling.
(Listening time: 36 minutes, transcript)
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) June 5, 2020
- Full transcript of Episode 238
- Tim’s website
- Feminist theory (Wikipedia)
- Decolonisation (Wikipedia)
- Privacy in Context by Helen Nissenbaum
- My Health Record in Australia
- Paulo Freire (Wikipedia)
- Participatory design (Wikipedia)
- Episode 49 with Pär Lannerö
- Send us your thoughts at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Backstage mailing list: Sign up here
- Enjoy the episode? Support UX Podcast