Do you trust brands? What created that trust and how is it maintained? We look at designing for trust together with content strategist Margot Bloomstein, author of Trustworthy. How does brand personality impact the user experience and how it influences our design decisions and content strategies.
Our discussion starts off by looking at our trust in brands and how brand damage is limited by them being part of our identities. We then look at voice, volume and vulnerability – the three pillars of Margots book – and how they can be used to make brands trustworthy and connect with your audience.
(Listening time: 42 minutes, transcript)
Episode #255: Trustworthy with @mbloomstein – We talk about our relationship with brands and designing for trust – how voice, volume, and vulnerability impact the user experience.https://t.co/O2XnPFMuqX#ux #uxpodcast #contentstrategy #trustworthy pic.twitter.com/CRmLaQM7ID
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) January 29, 2021
- Full transcript for episode 255
- Margot’s company, Appropriate, inc
- Trustworthy published by PageTwo books
- The slavery supported by that device in your pocket (Per’s article about cobalt mining)
- Volksvagen emissions scandal (Wikipedia)
- Send us your thoughts at: email@example.com
- Backstage mailing list: Sign up here
- Enjoy the episode? Support UX Podcast