Power dynamics, egos, “I know best”. The ways in which we go about solving problems need to be challenged and changed. Anna Kirah joins us to help us facilitate that change and make a move from design thinking towards transdisciplinary thinking.
We talk about what transdisciplinary thinking is and how this differs from teamwork and collaboration. We talk about the importance of connecting with people and self-reflection. We also try putting our egos in the bin.
“What if we created those tools together with the people we’re trying to understand? I think that just understanding that we think we sit with this expert hat, thinking that we know best, when in fact we’re closing doors to the beauty of the process…”
(Listening time: 39 minutes, transcript)
- Full transcript for episode 310
- Anna Kirah:
- F*ck design thinking – Anna’s 2022 FBTB talk (YouTube)
- All episodes tagged with design thinking: Design thinking
- From Business To Buttons
- Make sure to use the code UXPodcast when you buy your ticket for the 2023 conference for 10% off
- Backstage mailing list (show notes to your inbox, plus extra stories, news and offers): Sign up here
- Enjoying UX Podcast? Contribute with your time as a volunteer, or make a small financial contribution to help keep the podcast running: Support UX Podcast