Jina Anne joins us to talk design systems. Jina has for a number of years worked as the lead designer with the Lightning Design System at Salesforce and has been working with style guides since 2004. We dive right in and ask what a design system. How do you make sure people stick to the design system? How flexible or rigid should it be?
Not all organisations are the size of Salesforce and have a dedicated design system team – so how do you start small? Can smaller organisations give this whole thing a miss? How do you decide where to start and exactly what should you document? Do you need to keep track of all your special snowflakes?
(Listening time: 37 minutes, transcript)
Episode 163: Design systems with @jina https://t.co/wmdjPkHJYd #ux #uxdesign #podcast pic.twitter.com/ET68pUxf4P
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) July 21, 2017
- Full transcript of episode 163 on Medium
- Sushi and Robots Jina’s website
- Lightning Design System
- NASA Graphics Standards Manual
- The Salesforce model for scaling a design system
- Episode 134: Material Design with Richard Fulcher
- Episode 51: Brad Frost
- Featured image by Andreas Dantz (CC BY 2.0, cropped to 1:1)