Alissa Briggs has mastered design leadership. We talked to her during EuroIA in Stockholm where she had held a presentation entitled Race to the Top: Building Skyscrapers & Design Teams that Soar. In this interview Alissa shares her experiences of – and processes for – running, building and managing a design team.
Amongst the things we learn from Alissa are – how important it is to create a shared vision, the usefulness of job ladders and evaluating your team, not being scared about people moving on, having contingency plans, and on-boarding new team members.
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) December 8, 2017
(Listening time: 35 minutes, transcript)
- Full transcript on Medium
- Alissa’s website
- Alissa’s slide deck from EuroIA 2017 in Stockholm
- The new hire blueprint: how to succeed at your new design job by Alissa
- The not so dark art of design leadership by Alissa
- Cover art by Peter Vermaercke