Preparing for your next job is like saving for retirement says Jessica Ivins. Start putting yourself out there ahead of time, thinking about what you would like your next job to be and do a little bit to prepare on a regular basis.
Alissa Briggs has mastered design leadership. We talked to her during EuroIA in Stockholm where she had held a presentation entitled Race to the Top: Building Skyscrapers & Design Teams that Soar. In this interview Alissa shares her experiences of – and processes for – running, building and managing a design team.
Jaime Levy, author of UX Strategy joined us in the green room at From Business To Buttons. We talked about Jaime’s Hyperloop study – the personal journey that led her there and why. Andy Warhol, Steve Jobs, Elon Musk. We talk about the importance of having mentors and heroes no matter where you are on your career path.
Jaime Levy joined us in the green room at From Business To Buttons. We talked about Jaime’s Hyperloop study – the personal journey that led her here and why. We talk about the importance of having mentors and heroes no matter where you are on your career path and the importance of validating the problem before diving in to designing the solution.
In our listener survey we ask the question: What is the biggest occupational challenge facing you right now? Over the past few surveys we’ve gather quite a number of responses to that question. In this episode we take a look at some of the challenges you say that you face, and even try to give some advice about how to meet those challenges.
(Listening time: 39 minutes)
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) May 13, 2016
- European UX impact survey
- MVP episode – #89 James & Per want a car not a skateboard
- Tom Greever episode – #119 Articulating design decisions with Tom Greever
- Whitney Hess episode – #110 UX Coaching with Whitney Hess
- Word cloud based on the responses to the question
- The Moth Radio hour – Explanation of the cryptic opening sentences between Per and James
- UX Podcast listener survey (if you missed filling it in earlier this year!) – takes just a couple of minutes to compelte