In the summer of 2016, Boon Sheridan started noticing people gathering outside his home, staring at their phones. Pokemon Go had launched and Boon’s converted church was a Gym. This was Boon’s introduction to the game and how it made use of Augmented Reality.
We talk about Augmented reality, virtual reality and “Mixed reality”. We look beyond AR and VR gimmicks and discuss the use of augmented reality in the workplace and in situations where it becomes an integral part of an experience. We also discuss making AR more inclusive and the use of VR in therapy and rehabilitation.
(Listening time: 35 minutes)
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) June 8, 2018
- Boon’s website
- Coverage from UXLx, including slides of Boon’s presentation
- Samsung’s AR toothbrush
- Tech Toothbrush from Samsung Incubator Graduate Uses AR to Help Kids Improve Brushing Habits
- Augmented realty therapy for kids
- Mozilla’s VR standards
- Apple’s ARKit
- Google’s ARCore
- Amazon’s Sumerian
- VRT – virtual reality therapy
- Virtual reality therapy for PTSD
- Episode 125: Design doing with Don Norman