Why don’t we just brainstorm that? Brainstorming as a tool for ideation has a number of drawbacks, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be useful. Design leader and leadership coach Christopher McCann joins us to discuss how we can improve our innovation processes, and hold better and more inclusive creative sessions.
We talk to Christopher McCann about where the concept of brainstorming came from, how to manage some of the drawbacks and social constructs, the importance and art of facilitation, plus ways we could approaching “solving” things differently.
(Listening time: 40 minutes, transcript)
Episode 285: Brainstorming with @letterpress_se – Christopher joins us to discuss how we can improve our innovation processes, and hold better and more inclusive creative sessions.https://t.co/xj9rdxDjhI#uxpodcast #ux #podcast pic.twitter.com/8WC6sYl3xS— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) March 25, 2022
- Full transcript for episode 285
- Christopher McCann
- Brainstorming (Wikipedia)
- Alex Osborn (Wikipedia)
- Mad Men
- The 6 problems with brainstorming and how to overcome them
- Psychological safety
- Forget Brainstorming. Try Questionstorming
- Better Brainstorming
- When Is the Right Time for Brainstorming in Strategic Planning?
- Building 20 (Wikipedia)
- Noam Chomsky (Wikipedia)
- Erik Spiekermann
- Putting the face back into typeface (video)
- Related listening
- Backstage mailing list (show notes to your inbox, plus extra stories, news and offers): Sign up here
- Enjoying UX Podcast? Contribute with your time as a volunteer, or with real cash to help keep the podcast running: Support UX Podcast