What is product management? And “product”? And product designers? We talk to Christian Crumlish, author of Product Management for UX People to learn more about how designers can collaboration and contribute in a product organisation.
We talk about what skills UX-ers bring to the table within “product”, how quantitive and qualitive data are both valuable, and how the language we use can be intimidating and create barriers.
“UX people are contending with a world where they’re in a product… they’re being put in a product context, whether they want to be or not. And, what I find actually when I speak to folks and get questions from the audience… it’s a little traumatic”
(Listening time: 42 minutes, transcript)
- Full transcript for episode 292
- Christian Crumlish:
- Product Management for UX People (Rosenfeld Media)
- UX Podcast on Mastodon
- Ambition Empower and UX Podcast
- Make sure to use the code uxpodcast if you sign up for a $100/€100/1000 sek discount and at the same time help support UX Podcast
- Backstage mailing list (show notes to your inbox, plus extra stories, news and offers): Sign up here
- Enjoying UX Podcast? Contribute with your time as a volunteer, or with real cash to help keep the podcast running: Support UX Podcast