How are designers tackling the idea of ethics? We start the episode with Alan using politics and democracy as a vehicle for highlighting the importance of ethics in our work as digital practitioners and the massive impact our work has on the world.
We are the creators of the channels of misinformation and we can do something about it.
We put two UX Podcast “heptascale” questions to Alan – and when we posed the second question to him how much designers should know about code, the flood gates opened and Alan gave us his perspective on this topic that regularly gets raised in our industry.
Nobody is disagreeing with this, but breathless demands for designers to “know code” masks bigger problem of coders steamrolling designers. https://t.co/4aoKxb8Mmv
— Alan Cooper (@MrAlanCooper) April 6, 2017
A Little warning: Alan uses some strong language at a few points during the show.
(Listening time: 28 minutes, transcript)
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) April 14, 2017
- Full transcript of episode 155
- Episode 130 – Alan Cooper interview part 1
- Episode 131 – Alan Cooper interview part 2
- From Business To Buttons
- Mike Monteiro – Ethics and paying rent
- Featured imaged used with permission from UXLx (cropped)
- 2017 Listener survey (Google forms) – give us feedback!