Preparing for your next job is like saving for retirement says Jessica Ivins. Start putting yourself out there ahead of time, thinking about what you would like your next job to be and do a little bit to prepare on a regular basis.
We get lots of questions related to looking for your next, or even your first, UX job. Jessica helps us answer them: What should you do before applying for jobs? Should you have a portfolio? How should you present your portfolio? How can we use storytelling during our interviews? How do you make best use of social media? What design tools do you really need to know about?
(Listening time: 36 minutes, transcript)
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) April 12, 2019
- Full transcript of Episode 208
- Jessica’s website
- Don’t Decline a UX Job Offer You Don’t Have Yet
- How to Tell Compelling Stories During a UX Job Interview
- Maintain a Professional Network Throughout Your UX Career
- Build a collection of project work for your UX portfolio
- How to describe your design work in a portfolio (Twitter thread)
- Episode 118: Inclusive design
- Episode 190: Thinking in triplicate
- Send us your thoughts at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Backstage mailing list: Sign up here