Preparing for your next job is like saving for retirement says Jessica Ivins. Start putting yourself out there ahead of time, thinking about what you would like your next job to be and do a little bit to prepare on a regular basis.
In this show James and Per discuss web management. We take 3 recent examples where organisations have undertaken major changes to their web presence and investigate how it all went. What did they do well? what went wrong? what should they have done?(Listening time 39 minutes, including 2 minutes of comedy intro)
- Namnbyte i sociala medier – så gör Sveriges Kommunikatörer (Swedish)
- Sveriges Kommunikatörer (Swedens Communicators)
- Gerry McGovern
- One of Gerry’s broken links
- Screenshot of search results showing Gerry’s “Broken links” post from 2001
- Taking care of RSS readers
- Conversation with Swedish publication Internet World about their broken RSS (Swedish)
In this episode James and Per talk about Sweden Social Web Camp. A yearly unconference held on an island off the south coast of Sweden. Per was there, James watched from afar. We discuss what the conference is about, how it works and what the whole experience is like – we even throw in few discussions about what could be improved and what could be be borrowed by other conferences.