Kim Goodwin, three-time guest on UX Podcast and a person we have huge amounts of respect for joins us at From Business To Buttons to talk about decision systems – Design systems are often a good investment, but do they give the highest rate of return? No says Kim, changing how we make decisions gives more.
We talk about Decision systems, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, The Nuremberg code, whether we need a board of review, the importance of measuring success using at least two things. We even get into business models and capitalism.
(Listening time: 37 minutes, transcript)
- Full transcript of Episode 221
- Previous shows with Kim:
- Organization as a designed system (Video of Kim’s FBTB talk)
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs (Wikipedia)
- The Nuremberg Code (Wikipedia)
- Culture in web design (By James)
- Interview with Nathalie Nahai in episode 56
- Cover art photo courtesy of InUse
- Send us your thoughts at: email@example.com
- Backstage mailing list: Sign up here
- Enjoy the episode? Support UX Podcast