Six years have passed since Erika Hall published Just Enough Research. Recently she’s released an updated second edition. We took the opportunity to talk to her about her book and research.
What exactly is research and how do we know we’ve done enough of it? We talk about making sure you’ve got clear business goals before doing any research. We also talk about critical thinking and surveys; which is a new chapter in the 2nd edition.
(Listening time: 37 minutes, transcript)
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) January 31, 2020
- Full transcript of Episode 229
- Just Enough Research
- Conversational design (Erika’s second book)
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Episode 224 with Jeanne Liedkta – design thinking
- Episode 221 with Kim Goodwin – decision systems
- From Business To Buttons (use the code uxpodcast for a 10% discount on a ticket)
- Covert art photo by PopTech (Cropped to 1:1, CC BY-SA 2.0)
- Send us your thoughts at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Backstage mailing list: Sign up here
- Enjoy the episode? Support UX Podcast