Richard Whitehand has been working hands on with usability testing for decades. He’s spent more hours than anyone we know in a usability lab testing with users. He joins us to talk about the benefits of usability testing, which are more than just discovering issues with your design.
We also talk about developing a culture of testing in your organisation, designing a testing environment, when a usability lab is how usability testing has changed over the past 20, 25 years, and the myth of 100% realistic usability testing.
What’s going to make the biggest difference to my project? What is going to bring the biggest benefit? Not just for me as the UX researcher, but for the project and the organisation as a whole.
(Listening time: 30 minutes, transcript)
Episode 233: Usability testing with Richard Whitehand.
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) March 27, 2020
- Full transcript of Episode 233
- UX Podcast Fika (digital coffee break meetup)
- Usability Partners (Richard’s company)
- Richard’s usability lab
- Fast Path to a Great UX – Increased Exposure Hours – by Jared Spool
- Episode 179: Net Promoter Score with Jared Spool
- Send us your thoughts at: email@example.com
- Backstage mailing list: Sign up here
- Enjoy the episode? Support UX Podcast