We talk Closure experiences with Joe Macleod. The lack of endings was something that Joe kept noticing again and again. There are so many examples in the digital space where there wasn’t an end, or there was an expectation of controlled or ability to end – but the possibility of closure just doesn’t exist. The fabric of the internet is built to enable it to survive; to be eternal, yet endings – and death – are natural.
We look at death, loss aversion, off-boarding, customer acquisition. Can we improve the experience for customers and even profitability by designing better leaving experiences?
(Listening time: 43 minutes, transcript)
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) March 12, 2021
- Full transcript for episode 258
- Closure experiences website
- Joe’s closure experiences book, Ends on Amazon.
- Tools and examples
- Are no-contract gyms the future of fitness?
- Kia’s 7-year warranty success
- Original show notes for Episode 154
- Send us your thoughts at: email@example.com
- Backstage mailing list: Sign up here
- Enjoy the episode? Support UX Podcast