In the second part of our 10th anniversary interview with Don Norman, we discuss externalities, the environmental aspects of design, ethics, systems and changing design education.
This episode also includes James and Per’s reflections on the complete interview with Don.
“I don’t know the answer to everything, but I do know the questions”
In the autumn of 2020, Don published an article based on a memorial lecture in honor of the Indian Designer, M.P. Ranjan that Don gave when he was awarded the title of “Design Guru” by the Institute of Design at JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur, India.
This article was the inspiration behind this two-part interview with Don Norman.
Part 1 of this interview with Don was published as episode 263.
(Listening time: 36 minutes, transcript)
Episode #264 Creating a better society with @jnd1er (part 2) – externalities, the environmental aspects of design, ethics, systems and changing design education.https://t.co/Dw0gxbcPRq#ux #uxpodcast #futuredesign #podcast pic.twitter.com/xQgXfJDRZh
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) June 4, 2021
- Full transcript for episodes 263 and 264
- To Create A Better Society by Don Norman
- Externalities (Wikipedia)
- Google Search Appliance (Wikipedia)
- IEEE code of ethics
- Systems theory
- Future of design education
- Episodes 125 and 126: Design doing part 1 and part 2 with Don Norman
- Send us your thoughts at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Backstage mailing list: Sign up here
- Enjoy the episode? Support UX Podcast