Mar Murube joins us to talk about the experience of interviewing vulnerable people during the Covid-19 pandemic and what we can do to help ourselves and those being interviewed.
It’s not a simple matter of “just” switching to remote interviews. There’s a general increased level of anxiety in many communities. Interviews may not go as you’d previous have anticipated. We talk to Mar about what you might be able to do to prepare your self before and interview, deal with issues during the interview and how to take care of yourself and the interviewee afterwards.
(Listening time: 35 minutes, transcript)
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) May 22, 2020
- Full transcript of Episode 237
- UX Podcast Fika (30 minute weekly video chat)
- Mar’s website
- Mar’s Medium article where she originally shared her interview story
- Follow-up post by Mar: User research during COVID-19
- User research: how do you look after participants?
- Put on your oxygen mask before helping others
- Self-care in User Research
- How to do user research in a pandemic
- Episode 149: War Stories with Steve Portigal
- If you are in need of someone to talk to:
- Send us your thoughts at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Backstage mailing list: Sign up here
- Enjoy the episode? Support UX Podcast