Organisational culture – or values – is our design medium rather than pixels or code. Kim Goodwin joins us on the back of her UXLx 2018 talk “Values are the experience” to discuss how we can enable organisations to make the decisions that allow great UX to happen.
We discuss the importance of influencing the people who make the big decisions, the need for designers to develop their “soft skills”, what it means to be humans-centred versus metrics-centred, and the power of self-reflection.
(Listening time: 34 minutes)
Episode #192: Values are the experience with @kimgoodwin. Give organisations the tools they need to make good design decisions. https://t.co/1N5LOwDYCX #ux #podcast #uxlx pic.twitter.com/ctwzCvCwav
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) August 31, 2018
- Northern Mariana Islands and South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (Wikipedia)
- Coverage from UXLx 2018
- The 7 habits of highly successful people by Stephen Covey (Wikipedia)
- Featured imaged courtesy of UXLx (cropped to 1:1)
- Episode #93: Journey mapping with Kim Goodwin
- Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Backstage mailing list: Sign up here