The Feedback loop – it’s not just about giving, but also about asking, receiving and acting on the feedback you’ve been given. Claire Lew joins us to share how we can create a culture of feedback.
One of the main benefits of receiving feedback is that it fills in the blindspots. But why don’t people speak up? Fear and futility. Fear of people with power in your organisation, and the feeling that giving feedback is futile – nothing will change.
We learn how you can ask for feedback, how to be better at giving and receiving feedback, and how to make sure that the giver doesn’t feel it’s pointless.
“Defensiveness is truly the result of misconstruing someone’s intent”
(Listening time: 40 minutes, transcript)
Episode #218: Feedback with @clairejlew https://t.co/kvsXI88ZN8— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) August 30, 2019
We learn how you can ask for #feedback, how to be better at giving and receiving feedback, and how to make sure that the giver doesn’t feel it’s pointless. #Leadership #ux pic.twitter.com/CyxJ43E8ff
- Full transcript for episode 218
- Claire’s website
- The Heartbeat Podcast
- The Feedback Loop – workshop slides from UXLx 2019
- Futility is 1.8 more powerful than fear
- NHS self-assessment tool – if you want to test it and don’t have a UK postcode, perhaps The Queen will let you borrow SW1A 1AA
- Episode 110: UX Coaching with Whitney Hess
- Send us your thoughts at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Backstage mailing list: Sign up here
- Enjoy the episode? Become a patron of UX Podcast