We are joined by Kate Rutter, Kim Goodwin and Pamela Pavliscak to explore why tools, often software tools, are on everyone’s mind and how this may or may not preparing us for the demands of design in the future.
Our discussion looks at how tools change, the shift from tools to methods, career paths, play and experimentation, and future collegues – and ultimately that the core of UX is understanding humans and make better design decisions based on that understanding.
These interviews were originally recorded and aired as part of a UXPodcast special edition at UXLx Masters in February 2021.
(Listening time: 33 minutes, transcript)
Episode 262: #262 Design confidence with @katerutter @kimgoodwin and @paminthelab – We talk about why tools are on everyone’s mind and how we can ready ourselves for the demands of designing in the futurehttps://t.co/dVHykVyO2u#ux #uxpodcast #podcast #design pic.twitter.com/JvRb50V1rr
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) May 10, 2021
- Full transcript for episode 262
- Kate Rutter’s website
- Kim Goodwin (Twitter profile)
- Pamela Pavliscak’s website
- Previous interviews with Kate, Kim and Pam
- Covert art image by Matt Artz (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
- Send us your thoughts at: email@example.com
- Backstage mailing list: Sign up here
- Enjoy the episode? Support UX Podcast